Subject: Re: 64 colors in lowres
From: Scott Southurst <[email-masked]>
To: LIST AMOS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 16:41:19 +1000 (EST)

> > Is it possible to have 64 colors in Lowres, and how do you
> > use the last 32?
> > 
> 
> I believe you simply specify a screen with 64 colors.
> You cant redefine the last 32 colors, they are halfbright the first half.

Just in case you don't actually know this, it means that colours 32 -> 63 
are half as bright as a corresponding colour in the first 32 colours.  
For example, if colour #1 was $888 then colour number 33 would be $444.

If you want to use all sixteen greyscale shades (ie. non AGA, surprise 
surprise) then your don't need to use all 16 shades in the first 32 
colours.  Youd have to work out what shades you need to define though.

 #######################################################################
 # @@   @  @@   @@   @@   Scott Southurst <---> [email-masked] #
 #@  @ @@ @  @ @  @ @  @       Aquatic Biology/Computer Science        #
 #@  @  @    @ @  @ @  @             Amiga A1200 40 Meg HD             #
 #@ @@  @   @  @  @ @  @ GVP A1230 Turbo+ 40MHz with 68882 FPU + 4 Meg #
 #@  @  @  @   @  @ @  @      AMOS v1.36, Compiler v1.36, AMOS 3D      #
 #@  @  @ @@@@  @@   @@     Deakin University Warrnambool Australia    #
 #######################################################################
  (C) 1994. This letter is for viewing by the intended recipients only.